Best Hairdryers For Your Hair
Everything that you put on your hair matters. Even the tools that you are using. Believe it or not there is a science that goes into hair, especially when it comes to the products that you’re using. Many people buy hairdryers without really reaching the features and benefits of it, or even if it is the right type of hairdryer. When you find the right hair dryer, you will feel “blown away” for sure. We will show you how to find the best hairdryers for your hair.
Guide to Buying a Hairdryer
There are several factors that go into choosing a hairdryer as well as different types of hairdryers. Some of these factors include wattage, temperature range, nozzle shapes, dryer weight and ceramic and ionic technology, tourmaline and titanium.
The wattage of a hairdryer refers to the blowdryer’s electricity usage. The higher the wattage, the hotter the hairdryer can get. In turn, the hotter a hairdryer can get, the faster your hair will dry. The hairdryer wattage depends on the mode of the dryer. Most standard-sized hairdryers have at least 2250 watts. Travel-sized hair dryers have around 1200 watts.
Ideally, you want to find a hairdryer that has temperature control. Specifically, one with a good temperature range. If your hair dryer has a low heat setting can be great for thicker hair. They are able to handle more heat and a higher temperature.
Pro Tip: Want sleek, shiny hair? A blow dryer with a cool setting is great for creating a polished and sleek look. Low temperature air can close your hair’s cuticle and prevent frizz.
Hair Dryer Nozzle Types
With hairdryers, you may have noticed various nozzle attachments that a device comes with. There are a few attachment styles that hairdryers come with. Here are a few of the most common ones:
- Diffuser attachment: A diffuser attachment is ideal for wavy, curly or thick hair. This attachment will evenly spread out the hot air, allowing your waves or curls to form correctly.
- Comb Nozzle Attachment: A comb nozzle attachment is best used with curly hair, especially tight coils.
- Narrow Attachment: For those who want sleek and straight hair, narrow attachments are the best fit. We recommend a barrel brush with a narrow attachment to achieve this sleek and straight look.
Hair Dryer Weight
Blow drying can take forever and if you want to get an incredible blowout, this will depend on the blow-dryer weight. Take into consideration how heavy your blow dryer is, because it will make your arms feel tired.
Ceramic Hairdryer Ionic Hairdryer and Tourmaline Hairdryer
When looking for a hairdryer, you might have noticed terms like “ceramic” or “ionic”. These are features that are important to know when looking for a hairdryer.
- Ceramic Hairdryer – Ceramic hair dryers are made up of clay and are usually used in the bodies of hair dryers. This is also used in the coating of the internal parts of the hairdryer.
- Ionic Hairdryer – Ions are particles that have a positive and negative charge. Negative ion react with water molecules by breaking them and penetrating the hair shaft. Ionic hairdryers leave your hair feeling super shiny and frizz free.
- Tourmaline hairdryer – Tourmaline hair dryers emit infrared heat and negative ions, making the heat much gentler on the hair during styling for a shinier and less frizzy finish. It also enables the hair to endure much higher levels of heat without creating damage.
What Is The Best Hairdryer For Your Hair?
We’ve went over the science and technology in depth. Now, let’s match you to your ideal hairdryer. Depending on your hair type, there is a hair dryer that will work best for your own hair.
- Thick/Frizzy Hair – Ionic Hair Dryer
- Thin Hair – Ceramic Hair Dryer
- Curly Hair – Hairdryer with a diffuser
- Dull Hair – shine enhancing hair dryer or ionic hair dryer
- Fine Hair – Adjustable Heat Setting
The Bottom Line
Regardless of if you spend $16.99 or $300, the goal is to find the hairdryer that works well for your hair. It’s not always about price. Focus instead on what you are going to need in a hair routine and what will work well for your hair type. At the Vinaccia Hair Goddess salon, we use Dyson hair dryers during appointments. The next time you have appointment with us, get treated with the best haircare technology.
Vinaccia Hair Goddess in Winter Park
Vinaccia Hair Goddess has recently relocated its salon, and it is now at on 601-A S, N New York Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789. Ready to transform your hair’s look, feel and vitality? Schedule an appointment today. Call Jenn at 407.900.3656 or set one up here.
Vinaccia Hair Rewards
When you become a preferred client of Vinaccia Hair, you may be eligible for deals and specials on haircare products.
In accordance with social distancing, Vinaccia Hair Goddess can only see one person at a time and there is no double booking allowed at this time. Vinaccia Hair Goddess is requiring you to wear a mask during your appointment. Your health and safety is a priority at Vinaccia Hair Goddess. In between appointments, Jenn will be disinfecting the salon to ensure the highest level of cleanliness. Phenix Salon Suites also has its own staff to sanitize the building and restrooms several times a day.