“Keratin” has been a common buzzword over the past few years, and has come up in products and blogs. At Vinaccia Hair Goddess, we are often asked how about the best ways that you can maintain color-treated hair and keep it long and healthy. For those who deal with dry and frizzy hair from hair color, a keratin treatment is the solution. If you’ve ever wondered how actresses and models get that smooth, shiny hair, the secret is a Keratin treatment. Our favorite is the Peter Coppola Smoothing Treatment.
What is Keratin?
Before we get into treatments, it’s important to understand what keratin is. Keratin is a structural protein that makes up your hair, skin, and nails. Also, keratin is found in your organs and glands. Keratin is found in nature – specifically feathers, horns, wool and many different animals. Factors like exposure to pollution, chemicals, hair products, and hair tools will deplete the natural keratin of the hair.
Although the body naturally produces keratin, keratin treatments and products can help strengthen hair and make it look healthier.
What is a Keratin Treatment?
A Keratin Treatment (sometimes referred to as a “Brazilian Blowout” is a chemical treatment that makes hair smoother and reduces frizz. It is typically done in a salon. Although, there are treatments that you can purchase for yourself. However, a salon keratin treatment lasts longer and offers better results.
Salon Keratin treatments start with getting your hair washed and then having a stylist brush the treatment onto wet hair. This will sit for about 30 minutes. This process can take several hours. When you are in our chair at Vinaccia Hair Goddess, feel free to bring a book, magazine or tablet to pass the time. While the treatment is applied, your hair will be blow-dried. The result is a glossy shine to hair and reduced frizz.
Benefits of a Keratin Treatment
If you are considering a treatment for damaged, thin or color-treated hair, look no further. There are many forms of Keratin products on the market for both hair salons and consumer use. Full Keratin lines include serums, shampoos, conditioners, and even supplements. There are many benefits of salon keratin treatments for your hair:
- Smooth and shiny hair – a keratin treatment can smooth cells that overlap to form hair strands. This means more manageable hair and less frizz. Overall, your hair will have that smooth, glossy, healthy look.
- Reverses Damage – Keratin treatments reduce signs of damage
- Hair growth – Keratin strengthens and fortifies hair so that it doesn’t easily break off.
- Better manageable hair – Keratin treatments are ideal for thick and frizz-prone hair and make it more manageable to work with. If you are someone who constantly
- Contains Quality Ingredients – The Peter Coppola® a-Keratin Smoothing & Refinishing Treatment, in particular, contains the best quality ingredients including vital ceramides, smoothing amino acids, combined with low pH mechanism to soften smooth, coarse hair.
- Lasting results – A keratin treatment can last for a long time – up to 2 to 3 weeks long
Why You Need The Peter Coppola Smoothing Treatment
One of the best Keratin treatments on the market is the Peter Coppola Smoothing Treatment. The soothing treatment is “Formulated to change the texture of all hair types allowing for straight, smooth, curly or voluminous looks and styles.” It is a smoothing and refinishing treatment that nourishes, repairs, shields the hair, and defends it against the harsh impacts of processing, heat styling, UV exposure, and daily styling. The Peter Coppola Smoothing Treatment is also formulated to provide smoother, stronger, and age-defying hair. A Keratin treatment will restore the hair’s youthful look and texture for at least three months.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Peter Coppola Smoothing Treatment
- Is this treatment permanent? How long does treatment last? – This treatment is NOT permanent and will last up to three months. The express treatment will last up to 6 weeks.
- Is Peter Coppola Smoothing Treatment safe for all hair types? – Yes! The Peter Coppola has designed an effective Keratin treatment that is safe for all hair types and textures. If your hair is damaged and is lacking elasticity, Vinaccia Hair recommends the Peter Coppola® Smoothing Hair Mask for home use.
- How long after my treatment can I wash my hair? – It is recommended that you wash your hair 24 hours after your treatment.
Unfortunately, the Peter Coppola Smoothing Treatment is only available for purchase for hair professionals. However, you can get a salon treatment from a hair professional like Vinaccia Hair Goddess.
Keratin hair treatments are the key to smooth, shiny, and strong locks. At Vinaccia Hair Goddess, we recommend doing a keratin treatment once every three months or so. Jenn at Vinaccia Hair Goddess has recently relocated her salon, which is now at on 601-A S, N New York Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789. Ready to transform your hair’s look, feel and vitality? Schedule an appointment today. Call Jenn at 407.900.3656 or set one up here.
Vinaccia Hair Goddess Has relocated to Phenix Salon Suites in Winter Park, located on 601a S New York Ave in Winter Park, FL. In accordance with social distancing, we can only see one person at a time and there is no double booking allowed at this time. Vinaccia Hair Goddess is requiring you to wear a mask during your appointment. Your health and safety is a priority at Vinaccia Hair Goddess. In between appointments, Jenn will be disinfecting the salon to ensure the highest level of cleanliness. Phenix Salon Suites also has its own staff to sanitize the building and restrooms several times a day.